Monday, August 30, 2010

One Week On

Well, one week later and we haven't received any emails or phone calls advising us that we have had any further complications with our surrogate mothers. We have now made it to 12 weeks and 2 days. Our Australian doctor told us that the chances of the pregnancies progressing to term become greater after the first trimester has passed.

One of the conditions of my employment is 2 weeks paid parental leave upon the birth of a child for you or your partner. I have previously asked about twins and I have been advised that regardless of number of babies (Twins/ triplets) the leave relates to the pregnancy. So now that it looks like both surrogate mothers may make it all the way, I requested clarification on the situation regarding multiple births from two distinct pregnancies. I think that the response will take some time as our agreement doesn't deal with this issue. I would love to be a fly on the wall when they open that email in the HR area tomorrow. WIll update the blog when I get further information.

No comments:

Post a Comment