Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Preparations continue.

It has been about 3 weeks since we received the last scan so we have requested an update from the Dr. We are a little concerned due to the surrogate mother losing one on the twins several weeks back. We are hoping to hear something back in the near future.

Preparations are well underway around the house now. A small brick  retaining wall has been built and about 1/2 of the back yard is now level. As we still have some time up our sleeve so we decided to sow seeds and watch the grass grow. As we didn't use that area we thought that the grass will have ample time to grow before they arrive in January, February or March next year. If the seeds don't grow plan B, turf, will be implemented.

The third Stokke cot arrived on sunday. So if all goes to plan we will have enough bedding for all of the kids when they get back home. The new TV arrived yesterday. You need a new TV for the children to watch when they get older, plus it will help stay at home dad retain some of his sanity during the long days of baby duty plus, it looks really nice.

We are trying to work out when to book flights and accommodation for the trip to India. Picking a date for travel is like picking the winning lottery numbers. 35 weeks will be 4 February and 37 weeks will be 18 February. My leave will start on week February 18 and Dad will going on leave as at 4 February. These dates could be slightly optimistic however they will be in the best of care in hospital if the come earlier than planned.

We are applying for our Indian visa at the beginning of December. This will allow us with some flexibility with travel if they come early however we are hoping that everything will be fine. Will update when more information becomes available.

No comments:

Post a Comment